Welcome New Families and Welcome Back Returners!
We have another great week of fun planned at Lincoln Summer Camp. Here are a few things to keep in mind!
- All campers should come to camp prepared to swim! This means wearing or packing a bathing suit and towel.
- We will spend a great deal of time outdoors, so sunscreen is a must! Please have your camper come to camp with sunscreen already applied and more sunscreen packed in their backpack for reapplication. Remember, if you would like counselors to be able to assist your camper, you will have needed to indicate that oncampdoc.com or filled out the physical form, available here.
- Campers need to be able to carry their belongings throughout the day. Please keep this in mind when selecting and packing a bag.
- We are very active at camp! Closed toed shoes are a must for safe playing.
- There is time for a morning snack and lunch at camp. These are NOT provided. Please pack your child with nonperishable items; we eat a picnic style lunch.
- Campers will be provided with a camp t-shirt, drawstring backpack, and water bottle before Wednesday’s field trips if this is their first week at camp. If your camper is a returning camper they should have already received these.
- Campers should arrive at camp with a full water bottle that can be refilled throughout the day.
- Thursday is Under the Sea Dress Up Day! We can’t wait to see those fish, whales dolphins, and other ocean creatures swimming around camp! For a full calendar of events visit the home page.
- Thursday is also Pizza Day! Pizza will be on sale for $2 for 1 slice and $3 for 2 slices.
Make sure you check the blog frequently throughout the summer for updates on our field trips, special events, and all the fun we are having at camp! You can follow the blog by entering your email on the sidebar and click “follow” – it is a great way to stay informed!
Additional information about camp can be found in the Parent Handbook and on the Frequently Asked Questions page. We encourage you to review these resources and feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.
Pick Up and Drop Off Update:
We are pleased to announce that Drop-Off & Pick-Up are now the same! When arriving at camp in the morning or afternoon, camp staff will direct you to either enter the camp drop off lane or to park in the Codman Pool Parking lot. You might choose to park if you would like to speak with staff, need to put sunscreen on your camper before the day or simply prefer walking your child to his or her group. Groups will be meeting on Codman Field unless wet grass has us inside the gym. If you enter the drop off line you will be following the circle in front of the Brooks Gym. Staff will be waiting there to open your car door and help your campers out of your vehicle. You can help this process move smoothly by having your camper sit on the passenger side of your vehicle and staying in your vehicle at all times. Once campers are out of the car, staff will walk them along the path to their respective groups.
At the end of the day, caregivers should arrive at 3:00 pm. Again you may choose to either enter the pick up lane or park and walk over to pick up your child. If you enter the lane staff will bring your child to your vehicle, help them in, and even help with seatbelts. However should you have any need to exit your vehicle, a tricky car seat, back packs that need to be placed in the trunk, etc, we ask that you please park and walk over. Children will be waiting by camp group in front of the Brooks Gym. Anyone who you wish to pick up your child must be listed on the Camper Release form, and must be able to provide photo identification if requested. Children still at camp after 3:15 pm will be placed in our Extended Day Program and a fee will be charged. If parents need to pick their child up before 3:00 pm, they should make arrangements with the Camp Director in advance.
Pingback: Welcome to Week 3 | Lincoln Summer Camp
Pingback: Welcome to Week 4 | Lincoln Summer Camp
Pingback: Welcome to Week 5 | Lincoln Summer Camp
Pingback: Week 6 Information | Lincoln Summer Camp