Welcome New Families and Welcome Back Returners!
We are so excited for another week of fun and memories at Lincoln Summer Camp. Here are a few things to keep in mind!
- All campers should come to camp prepared to swim! This means wearing or packing a bathing suit and towel.
- We will spend a great deal of time outdoors, so sunscreen is a must! Please have your camper come to camp with sunscreen already applied and with more sunscreen packed in their backpack for reapplication. Remember, if you would like counselors to be able to assist your camper, you will have needed to indicate that on campdoc.com or filled out the physical form, available here.
- Campers need to be able to carry their belongings throughout the day. Please keep this in mind when selecting and packing a bag.
- We are very active at camp! Closed toed shoes are a must for safe playing.
- There is time for a morning snack and lunch at camp. These are NOT provided. Please pack your child with nonperishable items; we eat a picnic style lunch.
- Campers will be provided with a camp t-shirt, drawstring backpack, and water bottle before Wednesday’s field trips if this is their first week at camp. If your camper is a returning camper they should have already received these.
- Campers should arrive at camp with a full water bottle that can be refilled throughout the day.
- We are entering the fourth week of our new Drop Off and Pick up procedures. Please view the this blog post from week 2 if you have questions. It is important to note that if you would like to get out of your car for any reason (speaking to counselors, helping your child put his or her bag on, etc) we ask that you park instead of entering the drop off line.
- Thursday is CHALK PAINT BLOWOUT! Campers should come to camp in white t-shirts that will be signed by their friends and then be dyed with with washable die during our Chalk Paint blowout. For a full calendar of events visit the home page.
- Thursday is also Pizza Day! Pizza will be on sale for $2 for 1 slice and $3 for 2 slices.
- This Friday is the Camp Show! Campers will be practicing and preparing all week for our annual extravaganza. The show will take place in the Brooks Auditorium at 1:00pm. We hope that you can join us. Also be on the lookout for flyers that will come home with your camper indicating how they might dress for the show.
Make sure you check the blog frequently throughout the summer for updates on our field trips, special events, and all the fun we are having at camp! You can follow the blog by entering your email on the sidebar and click “follow” – it is a great way to stay informed!
Additional information about camp can be found in the Parent Handbook and on the Frequently Asked Questions page. We encourage you to review these resources and feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.