Welcome New Families and Welcome Back Returners!
We can’t believe it but it is already the last week of Lincoln Summer Camp. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- All campers should come to camp prepared to swim! This means wearing or packing a bathing suit and towel.
- We will spend a great deal of time outdoors, so sunscreen is a must! Please have your camper come to camp with sunscreen already applied and with more sunscreen packed in their backpack for reapplication. Remember, if you would like counselors to be able to assist your camper, you will have needed to indicate that on campdoc.com or filled out the physical form, available here.
- Campers need to be able to carry their belongings throughout the day. Please keep this in mind when selecting and packing a bag.
- We are very active at camp! Closed toed shoes are a must for safe playing. This week will feature sports events every afternoon, so shoes are more important than ever.
- There is time for a morning snack and lunch at camp. These are NOT provided. Please pack your child with nonperishable items; we eat a picnic style lunch.
- Campers will be provided with a camp t-shirt, drawstring backpack, and water bottle before Wednesday’s field trips if this is their first week at camp. If your camper is a returning camper they should have already received these.
- Campers should arrive at camp with a full water bottle that can be refilled throughout the day.
- We are entering the fifth week of our new Drop Off and Pick up procedures. Please view the this blog post from week 2 if you have questions. It is important to note that if you would like to get out of your car for any reason (speaking to counselors, helping your child put his or her bag on, etc) we ask that you park instead of entering the drop off line.
- This week is Camp Color War. Throughout the week, campers will be competing in Color Wars competitions where they will be broken up in four color teams: the Red Team, Blue Team, Orange Team, and the Green Team. The teams will compete in a host of competitions throughout the week to earn points for their team. On Friday after all the points are tallied a winner will be announced.
- To help campers look more like a team, they will have a chance to tie dye a team shirt in the color of their team. If your camper would like to make a shirt please send him or her in with a white t-shirt inside a ziplock bag. Please write your camper’s name on both the collar of the shirt and on the bag.
- . Through out the week your camper is encouraged to dress in the their team color which they will find out on Monday. On Thursday we have Sports Star or Sports Team dress up day! Your camper can dress up as his or her favorite sports star, or just deck themselves out in gear from their favorite team. Finally on Friday campers can wear their Tie-Dye shrits for the final day of the Color War. For a full calendar of events visit the home page.
- Thursday is also Pizza Day! Pizza will be on sale for $2 for 1 slice and $3 for 2 slices.
Make sure you check the blog frequently throughout the this week for updates on our field trips, special events, and all the fun we are having at camp! You can follow the blog by entering your email on the sidebar and click “follow” – it is a great way to stay informed!
Additional information about camp can be found in the Parent Handbook and on the Frequently Asked Questions page. We encourage you to review these resources and feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.