Hello Families and Campers,
We at Lincoln Summer Camp are very excited to start the summer tomorrow! The staff has been hard at work this past week, setting up camp, and preparing to welcome campers. A few things to keep in mind as you get ready for camp this week:
- All campers should come to camp prepared to swim! This means wearing or packing a bathing suit and towel.
- We will spend a great deal of time outdoors, so sunscreen is a must! Please have your camper come to camp with sunscreen already applied and more sunscreen packed in their backpack for reapplication. Remember, if you would like counselors to be able to assist your camper, you will have needed to indicate that on campdoc.com or filled out the physical form, available here.
- Campers need to be able to carry their belongings throughout the day. Please keep this in mind when selecting and packing a bag.
- There is time for a morning snack and lunch at camp. These are NOT provided. Please pack your child with nonperishable items; we eat a picnic style lunch.
- Campers will be provided with a camp t-shirt before Wednesday’s field trips.
- Campers should arrive at camp with a full water bottle that can be refilled throughout the day.
- Please note our arrival and dismissal procedures – a full explanation can be found here.
- Please note that there is NO CAMP on Tuesday, July 4th but we hope to see everyone at Lincoln’s Fourth of July Parade and Fireworks. More info can be found here.
- Thursday is Superhero Dress Up Day! The campers can choose any of their favorite heroes to dress up as! In the past Spiderman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Ninja Turtles have all been spotted at camp. We wonder who we will see this year? For a full calendar of events visit the home page.
- Thursday is also Pizza Day! Pizza will be on sale for $2 for 1 slice and $3 for 2 slices.
Make sure you check the blog frequently throughout the summer for updates on our field trips, special events, and all the fun we are having at camp! You can follow the blog by entering your email on the sidebar and clicking “follow” – it is a great way to stay informed! There will be a post coming out later today with information about this week’s trips.
Additional information about camp can be found in the Parent Handbook and on the Frequently Asked Questions page. We encourage you to review these resources and feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.
~Sarah, Audrey and Joe
Lincoln Summer Camp Directors