Welcome New Families and Welcome Back Returners!
We are so excited to begin our third week at Lincoln Summer Camp. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- All campers should come to camp prepared to swim! This means wearing or packing a bathing suit and towel.
- We will spend a great deal of time outdoors, so sunscreen is a must! Please have your camper come to camp with sunscreen already applied and with more sunscreen packed in their backpack for reapplication. Remember, if you would like counselors to be able to assist your camper, you will have needed to indicate that on campdoc.com or filled out the physical form, available here.
- Campers need to be able to carry their belongings throughout the day. Please keep this in mind when selecting and packing a bag.
- We are very active at camp! Closed toed shoes are a must for safe playing. This week will feature sports events every afternoon, so shoes are more important than ever.
- There is time for a morning snack and lunch at camp. These are NOT provided. Please pack your child with nonperishable items; we eat a picnic style lunch.
- Campers will be provided with a camp t-shirt before Wednesday’s field trips if this is their first week at camp. If your camper is a returning camper they should have already received one.
- Campers should arrive at camp with a full water bottle that can be refilled throughout the day.
- We want to remind you that we have two options for arrival and dismissal. You may enter the drop off/pick up line and staff will help your child in and out of the car. If you need to get out of your vehicle for any reason including getting bags out of your car, helping a child get buckled into a car seat, or just to give your little one an extra hug goodbye, we ask that you please park in the lot next to the gym and walk you camper over. This means that many of our Pioneer Parents will probably need to park to ensure their campers can get strapped in and out of the car. This helps us keep our pickup and drop off line moving and prevents dangerous maneuvers from taking place in the line. A full description of our arrival and dismissal procedures can be seen here. Do note that Trailblazer Camp has a different drop off and pick up location.
- This week is Camp Color War. Throughout the week, campers will be competing in Color Wars competitions where they will be broken up in four color teams: the Red Team, Blue Team, Orange Team, and the Green Team. The teams will compete in a host of competitions throughout the week to earn points for their team. On Friday, after all the points are tallied, a winner will be announced.
- To help campers look more like a team, they will have a chance to tie dye a team shirt in the color of their team. If your camper would like to make a shirt please send him or her in with a white t-shirt inside a ziplock bag. Please write your camper’s name on both the collar of the shirt and on the bag.
- . Throughout the week your camper is encouraged to dress in the their team color which they will find out on Monday. On Friday campers can wear their Tie-Dye shirts for the final day of the Color War. For a full calendar of events visit the home page.
- Thursday is also Pizza Day! Pizza will be on sale for $2 for 1 slice and $3 for 2 slices.
Make sure you check the blog frequently throughout the summer for updates on our field trips, special events, and all the fun we are having at camp! You can follow the blog by entering your email on the sidebar and clicking “follow” – it is a great way to stay informed! There will be a post coming out later today with information about this week’s trips.
Additional information about camp can be found in the Parent Handbook and on the Frequently Asked Questions page. We encourage you to review these resources and feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.
~Sarah, Audrey and Joe
Lincoln Summer Camp Directors