Welcome New Families and Welcome Back Returners, we can’t believe we are already in the 5th week of camp!
We are so excited for another week of fun and thrills as we go undercover for Spy Week. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- All campers should come to camp prepared to swim! This means wearing a bathing suit in the morning and packing a towel. All Pioneers, Ramblers and Crusaders have swim lessons in the morning so it saves changing time if they are already wearing their suits.
- We will spend a great deal of time outdoors, so sunscreen is a must! Please have your camper come to camp with sunscreen already applied and with more sunscreen packed in their backpack for reapplication. Remember, if you would like counselors to be able to assist your camper, you will have needed to indicate that on campdoc.com or filled out the physical form, available here.
- Campers need to be able to carry their belongings throughout the day. Please keep this in mind when selecting and packing a bag.
- We are very active at camp! Closed toed shoes are a must for safe playing.
- There is time for a morning snack and lunch at camp. These are NOT provided. Please pack your child with nonperishable items; we eat a picnic style lunch.
- Campers will be provided with a camp t-shirt before Wednesday’s field trips if this is their first week at camp. If your camper is a returning camper they should have already received one.
- Campers should arrive at camp with a full water bottle that can be refilled throughout the day.
- We want to remind you that we have two options for arrival and dismissal. You may enter the drop off/pick up line and staff will help your child in and out of the car. If you need to get out of your vehicle for any reason including getting bags out of your car, helping a child get buckled into a car seat, or just to give your little one an extra hug goodbye, we ask that you please park in the lot next to the gym and walk you camper over. This means that many of our Pioneer Parents will probably need to park to ensure their campers can get strapped in and out of the car. This helps us keep our pickup and drop off line moving and prevents dangerous maneuvers from taking place in the line. A full description of our arrival and dismissal procedures can be seen here. Do note that Trailblazer Camp has a different drop off and pick up location.
- Thursday is Kid’s Choice Dress Up Day! Campers can choose whatever disguise they want to wear to go undercover. They can be anything from a stalk of broccoli to a famous celebrity, the sky is the limit so get creative. Campers will also get to choose what their counselors and specialists dress up as. For a full calendar of events visit the home page.
- Thursday is also Pizza Day! Pizza will be on sale for $2 for 1 slice and $3 for 2 slices.
Make sure you check the blog frequently throughout the summer for updates on our field trips, special events, and all the fun we are having at camp! You can follow the blog by entering your email on the sidebar and click “follow” – it is a great way to stay informed! Be on the lookout for a post about our trips that will come out later today.
Additional information about camp can be found in the Parent Handbook and on the Frequently Asked Questions page. We encourage you to review these resources and feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.