Hello Camp Families!
We at Lincoln Summer Camp are so ready and excited to welcome you back to camp this year and start the summer tomorrow! The staff has been hard at work this past week, setting up and preparing to welcome campers. Here are a few things to keep in mind as we head into session 1 of camp:
- Remember to wear sunscreen and bug spray daily. Campers should come with both already applied and have more in their bags to reapply throughout the day. We will spend almost 100% of our time outdoors so this is crucial!
- Complete the COVID Self-Screening each day before leaving for camp. It can be found on page 13 of the parent handbook.
- Please make sure that you pack multiple masks/face coverings for your camper daily. While most of our days will be spent outdoors where masks/face coverings are not required, if the weather necessitates a move indoors, masks are required for all campers.
- All campers must come to camp prepared to swim and for water games daily! This means either wearing or packing a bathing suit and towel.
- Campers need to carry their own personal belongings throughout the day. Please keep this in mind when selecting and packing their bag.
- There is time for a morning snack and lunch at camp. These are not provided. Please pack your child with nonperishable items; we eat a picnic style lunch.
- Campers should arrive at camp with a full water bottle that can be easily refilled throughout the day.
This Week In Focus:
Tuesday is Bring a Joke to camp day. Does your child have a favorite joke to tell? Write it down, or know it by heart, and bring it with you to camp to share!
Wednesday and Friday are Pizza Days! Pizza is on sale for $2 for one slice and $3 for two slices. Please make sure your camper knows where their pizza money is if they want to order! Please note Trailbreakers are not on campus for Pizza Day.
This Thursday is Under the Sea Dress Up Day! Campers can choose a deep sea ocean creature, a mermaid, surfer, or anything else related to the water – the world is your oyster! We can’t wait to see the ocean come to life at camp on Thursday!
Make sure you check the blog frequently throughout the summer for updates, special events, and all the fun we are having at camp! You can follow the blog by entering your email on the sidebar and clicking “follow” – it is a great way to stay informed!
We also invite you to follow Parks and Recreation on Facebook and Instagram. Just click on the links in the sidebar —->
Additional information about camp can be found in the Parent Handbook and on the Frequently Asked Questions page. We encourage you to review these resources and feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.