Hello Camp Families!
We hope you had a great long weekend and your camper is ready for another awesome week at Lincoln Summer Camp!
This Week In Focus:
This week we will begin preparations for Color War! During Arts and Crafts, campers will tie-dye a shirt in their team color. We ask you to please send in a white t-shirt with your camper’s name written on the tag on Tuesday. We also ask (if you can) that you send the shirt in, in a gallon-sized zip-lock bag with your camper’s name and group name on it.
Wednesday and Friday are Pizza Days! Pizza is on sale for $2 for one slice and $3 for two slices. Please make sure your camper knows where their pizza money is if they want to order! Please note Trailbreakers are not on campus for Pizza Day.
It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s Lincoln Summer Camp filling with Super Heroes! This Thursday is Super Hero Dress Up Day! Campers can choose a favorite Super Hero or create one of their own! We can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with for this dress up day!
Things to Keep in Mind:
- Remember to wear sunscreen and bug spray daily. Campers should come with both already applied and have more in their bags to reapply throughout the day. We will spend almost 100% of our time outdoors so this is crucial!
- Please make sure that you pack multiple masks/face coverings for your camper daily. While most of our days will be spent outdoors where masks/face coverings are not required, if the weather necessitates a move indoors, masks are required for all campers.
- All campers must come to camp prepared to swim and for water games daily! This means either wearing or packing a bathing suit and towel.
- Campers need to carry their own personal belongings throughout the day. Please keep this in mind when selecting and packing their bag.
- There is time for a morning snack and lunch at camp. These are not provided. Please pack your child with nonperishable items; we eat a picnic style lunch.
- Campers should arrive at camp with a full water bottle that can be easily refilled throughout the day.
- On colder, rainy days please send your camper in with a sweatshirt or jacket in case they are getting too cold.
- Complete the COVID Self-Screening each day before leaving for camp. It can be found on page 13 of the parent handbook.
See you tomorrow,
Sarah, Erin, and Joe