Welcome To Session 2!
Hello Camp Families!
Lincoln Summer Camp is so excited to begin the second half of the summer with your campers! After an awesome first half of the summer, everyone is ready to welcome our session 2 campers for an amazing 3 weeks.
Here are a few things to keep in mind as we head into session 2 of camp:
- Remember to wear sunscreen and bug spray daily. Campers should come with both already applied and have more in their bags to reapply throughout the day. We will spend almost 100% of our time outdoors so this is crucial!
- Complete the COVID Self-Screening each day before leaving for camp. It can be found on page 13 of the parent handbook.
- Please make sure that you pack multiple masks/face coverings for your camper daily. While most of our days will be spent outdoors where masks/face coverings are not required, if the weather necessitates a move indoors, masks are required for all campers.
- All campers must come to camp prepared to swim and for water games daily! This means either wearing or packing a bathing suit and towel.
- Campers need to carry their own personal belongings throughout the day. Please keep this in mind when selecting and packing their bag.
- There is time for a morning snack and lunch at camp. These are not provided. Please pack your child with nonperishable items; we eat a picnic style lunch.
- Campers should arrive at camp with a full water bottle that can be easily refilled throughout the day.
- On colder, rainy days please send your camper in with a sweatshirt or jacket in case they are getting too cold.
- Please remember if your camper is going to be absent, to notify us by phone call or email.(email@example.com)
This Week In Focus:
Tuesday is “Would You Rather” day at camp. Would you rather be able to fly like a bird or swim like a fish? Would you rather travel to outer space or to the bottom of the ocean? Creative questions will be the theme of the day where campers and counselors can share favorite would you rather questions and answers with each other. Your child can bring in their own questions to share at camp!
Wednesday and Friday are Pizza Days! Pizza is on sale for $2 for one slice and $3 for two slices. Please make sure your camper knows where their pizza money is if they want to order! Please note Trailbreakers are not on campus for Pizza Day.
This Thursday is Time Warp Up Day! Campers can choose any time period they would like and dress up like they live then. Campers could step back in time to the 80s or 90s or jump all the way to prehistoric times! Campers could even use their imaginations to zoom into the future and think about what people would dress like in the year 3000 or beyond! We can’t wait to see what comes out of the camp time machine on Thursday!
Make sure you check the blog frequently throughout the summer for updates, special events, and all the fun we are having at camp! You can follow the blog by entering your email on the sidebar and clicking “follow” – it is a great way to stay informed!
We also invite you to follow Parks and Recreation on Facebook and Instagram. Just click on the links in the sidebar —->
Additional information about camp can be found in the Parent Handbook and on the Frequently Asked Questions page. We encourage you to review these resources and feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.
See you soon!
Sarah, Erin, and Joe
Lincoln Summer Camp Directors