Hello Camp Families,
We hope you are enjoying your weekend and are getting ready for another fantastic week at Lincoln Summer Camp! This week’s theme is Camp Tells a Story where campers get a chance to become their favorite character for dress up day!
Arrival and Dismissal Procedure Reminders
- Please ensure that you are using our designated lane during arrival and dismissal. Other groups are using the Hartwell parking lot at the same time as we are and we need to keep traffic flowing.
- During dismissal, make sure you are stopping and checking in with Director Erin on the road so she can call your camper’s name so they are ready for you.
- During both arrival and dismissal, please make sure you are staying in your vehicle. Counselors, specialists, and directors are around to help your camper buckle up, grab backpacks, and more.
- If you see our bus in the drop off lane, please do not worry and please still enter the lane yourself. We have procedures to ensure efficiency and you will not get stuck behind the bus.
This Week In Focus
This week we will begin preparations for Color War! During Arts and Crafts, campers will tie-dye a shirt in their team color. We ask you to please send in a white t-shirt with your camper’s name written on the tag on Tuesday. We also ask that you send the shirt in, in a gallon-sized zip-lock bag with your camper’s name and group name on it. If your camper was also here for session 1, they are welcome to tie-dye another shirt!
What has a head and a tail but no legs? What has four eyes but can’t see? Tuesday is Bring a Riddle to Camp Day! Help your camper come up with and bring in a riddle to ask their counselors and fellow campers. We can’t wait to hear what they come up with!
Wednesday and Friday are Pizza Days! Pizza is on sale for $2 for one slice and $3 for two slices. Please make sure your camper knows where their pizza money is if they want to order! Please note Trailbreakers are not on campus for Pizza Day.
On Thursday, characters of all kinds will come to life at Lincoln Summer Camp. Campers can choose any character they love to dress up as for Character Dress Up Day! Characters can come from a favorite book, movie, TV show, video game, or any where else! We look forward to seeing the creativity in everyone’s costume this week!
Things to Keep in Mind
- Remember to wear sunscreen and bug spray daily. Campers should come with both already applied and have more in their bags to reapply throughout the day. We will spend almost 100% of our time outdoors so this is crucial!
- Complete the COVID Self-Screening each day before leaving for camp. It can be found on page 13 of the parent handbook.
- Please make sure that you pack multiple masks/face coverings for your camper daily. While most of our days will be spent outdoors where masks/face coverings are not required, if the weather necessitates a move indoors, masks are required for all campers.
- All campers must come to camp prepared to swim and for water games daily! This means either wearing or packing a bathing suit and towel.
- Campers need to carry their own personal belongings throughout the day. Please keep this in mind when selecting and packing their bag.
- There is time for a morning snack and lunch at camp. These are not provided. Please pack your child with nonperishable items; we eat a picnic style lunch.
- Campers should arrive at camp with a full water bottle that can be easily refilled throughout the day.
- On colder, rainy days please send your camper in with a sweatshirt or jacket in case they are getting too cold.
- Please remember if your camper is going to be absent, to notify us by phone call or email.(firstname.lastname@example.org)
See you on Monday!
Sarah, Erin, and Joe