Hello Camp Families,
We hope you are enjoying your weekend and are ready for Session 2 Color War and our final week of Lincoln Summer Camp for the summer! We are looking forward to all the fun planned for the week, but not for it coming to an end!
This Week In Focus
This week we will be having our camp Color War! Every camper should have a tie-dye shirt that they made last week. If your camper still needs to make a shirt, pack them a white shirt to tie-dye, and please make sure it is in a gallon size Ziploc bag with their name on it. We will wear out tie-dyed shirts on Thursday for team spirit!
Wednesday and Friday are Pizza Days! Pizza is on sale for $2 for one slice and $3 for two slices. Please make sure your camper knows where their pizza money is if they want to order!
On Thursday we will be dressing in our tie-dye t-shirts so please make sure to have them ready to go for Dress-Up Day! Additionally, campers know their color war team colors and are encouraged to dress in their color each day this week.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Remember to wear sunscreen and bug spray daily. Campers should come with both already applied and have more in their bags to reapply throughout the day. We will spend almost 100% of our time outdoors so this is crucial!
- Complete the COVID Self-Screening each day before leaving for camp. It can be found on page 13 of the parent handbook.
- Please make sure that you pack multiple masks/face coverings for your camper daily. While most of our days will be spent outdoors where masks/face coverings are not required, if the weather necessitates a move indoors, masks are required for all campers.
- All campers must come to camp prepared to swim and for water games daily! This means either wearing or packing a bathing suit and towel.
- Campers need to carry their own personal belongings throughout the day. Please keep this in mind when selecting and packing their bag.
- There is time for a morning snack and lunch at camp. These are not provided. Please pack your child with nonperishable items; we eat a picnic style lunch.
- Campers should arrive at camp with a full water bottle that can be easily refilled throughout the day.
- On colder, rainy days please send your camper in with a sweatshirt or jacket in case they are getting too cold.
- Please remember if your camper is going to be absent, to notify us by phone call or email.(firstname.lastname@example.org)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and see you on Monday!
Sarah, Erin, and Joe